Happy New Year! I took a little time off these past few weeks and I got to really enjoy the holidays and some family time. Unfortunately, I had a little injury just before Christmas that wasn’t so fun and it put me behind my projects and home design work. Not to mention, the laundry, dishes and wrapping!! I cut my thumb pretty bad and it’s amazing how much a little injury can really effect your daily life. But things are healing and I feel pretty lucky that we haven’t had any major injuries or illness to deal with. It was also an excuse to slow down and work a little less. Which was nice!
So today I’m back at it and feeling a little reflective. I looked back at this past year and highlighed the top 10 ideas that were featured on my blog. These posts include DIY projects, home decor and some fun renovation projects.
Before I roll out the top 10, here’s a few highlights from this past year:
• I launched my Monthly Art Subscription Service. This is such an easy and inexpensive way to add new art to you home. It’s $24 and you’ll receive an original and fun art print each month for a whole year. That’s 12 original art prints for $24. You print them out at your convenience, frame them or display as you’d like and you have new, original art! You can join anytime – Click here to sign up and get some original, fun art prints in your in-box each month!
• I created an online series called Easy DIY Wall Art Ideas. I compiled these ideas, plus a few more, and created an Easy DIY Wall Art Ideas booklet with simple step-by-step instructions that require minimal skill. You’ll be amazed what you can create. Click here to get your copy.
• Some cool awards and accolades this year included: being accepted to the Kenarry Design Team again. I contribute ideas and get to work with a great group of talented, creative women. My post on How to Refinish Folding Chairs was one of Kenarry’s Top 10 Ideas for 2016! It was also featured on Country Living Magazine as one of 14 Makeovers That Prove Spray Paint is Magical. And it was also picked up by House Beautiful. I contributed to some other amazing blogs too including Creative Simplicity and Houseologie.
• I took on some special new clients for home and office design work – my new passion!
• My Etsy shop has continued to grow and this art print and my 2017 watercolor calendars were my best sellers.
• I love doing freelance graphic design work and created new logos, invitations and party decor.
• And I finally joined Instagram and I’m hooked! It’s such a good social media fit for me – click here if you’d like to follow me.
• I brought you 103 new blog posts this year! I hope you’re enjoying them and I love your comments and feedback.
And here are the top 10 ideas from my blog this past year:
#10 Vintage-style Map from my Easy DIY Wall Art Ideas series
#9 Tiered Centerpiece Tray – 3 Ways
#8 Paint Colors in our Home – this post actually appeared in 2015, but there were so many re-visits and pins of this post this year that it made it to #8 for 2016!
#7 Tips for How to Style Shelves
#5 DIY Painted Globe & How to Transfer Type
#4 DIY Wood Crate Rolling Cart
#2 Closet Makeover Final Reveal – One Room Challenge
#1 Nautical Bathroom Reveal – who hoo!
It was quite an eventful year. I want to thank you all for your support and help to make this little blog and my small business a success. I have lots of exciting projects and ideas for this new year and can’t wait to share them with you. If you’re not already a subscriber, enter your email address in the subscriber box in the top right side of this page and you’ll get my posts sent directly to your in-box so you don’t miss a thing! And, as always, I love getting your feedback and thoughts. Happy New Year!
Lori, what a year! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments. You are so creative and deserve all the kudos and extra attention for your fabulous projects. I can’t wait to see what you do in 2017!
Thank you Carrie!! You have been a tremendous help and inspiration for me! Love, love working with you and learning from you!! Happy New Year!