Eating a little healthier is something I’m always trying to do. And it’s often quite a struggle because, well… I love food. But lately we’ve been trying some low-carb options and I love it. I was a little wary of cutting out pasta and breads. We love making a pot of sauce with meatballs and having big pasta dinners on Sundays – and a loaf of fresh Italian bread is just so yummy. So it was definitely a change, but I found some great low-carb dinner options that are really good and will definitely make you feel better and maybe look better too (we’ve also lost a couple of pounds!).
Keep in mind these are low-carb (not no-carb) according to what we normally eat. So I guess they’re low(er) carb. And my kids love them all – bonus! Click on the links to get the full recipes which you can easily print and then start cooking!
• Italian Baked Beans with Turkey – adapted from Better Homes & Garden, I added the turkey and now it’s a one dish meal.
• Caribbean Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps – we ate a ton of Caribbean Jerk Chicken when we were on vacation in St. Thomas. I thought about trying to create my own marinade then I found one from Lawry’s and we love it. Plus it’s easy.
• Kale & Vegetable Soup – you won’t even miss the meat.
• Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa – I changed up our family favorite recipe and replaced most of the rice with quinoa. Kids didn’t even notice. Yum!!
• Pork Meatball & Escarole Soup – I adapted this from a Better Homes & Garden recipe. It is so good.
• Hot Dogs & Beans – a family favorite.
• Chipotle Corn Chowder – adapted from Morning Star Farms. Their Black Bean crumbles really make this.
After you print these recipes, check out my post on how to organize dinner meals. It’s a simple way to organize your meal planning plus you’ll get some FREE meal planning print-outs! Click here to see that post.
I hope you enjoy these recipes. I would love to get your feedback and send me any of your low(er)-carb options if you have some. Enjoy!