October was a great month – the weather has been beautiful and there have been lots of fun projects going on here!
Here’s a little recap of the blog happenings this past month. I’m also including some additional inspiration I found elsewhere. There’s so many great ideas out there and it’s fun to share!
Here’s recap of my posts and blog activity for this month. Click on the links to go to the original posts:
• I made my own bath salts in lavender and grapefruit scents. This was such an easy project and would be a great gift idea for the holidays!
• Check out our kids’ bathroom renovation progress. It’s slow going but it’s getting there!
• The buffalo check plaid is everywhere and I shared some really great items I found in this versatile print.
• Then I transformed a plain notebook into a trendy, buffalo check plaid showpiece using washi tape. Another great gift idea!
• My pumpkin with bling was so fun to make and there was no messy pumpkin guts to clean up! It was also featured on the following blogs: Naptime Creations, Carolyn’s Homework, Bumblee Bree Blog, DIY by Design, Posed Perfection, Pint Sized Baker, and Diana Rambles. Plus my good friend and her daughter made their own version and it looked awesome!
• Check out my post about The Value of a Daily Walk. I found that these 25 minutes each day can be so uplifting and energizing. I recommend trying to squeeze in a daily walk – it’s worth it. This post was featured on the following blogs: Dear Creatives, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Refresh Restyle, Redhead Can Decorate, Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom, What Meegan Makes, Your Homebased Mom, Inspiration for Moms, Our Southern Home, and A Pinch of Joy.
• Did your kids get a ton of candy for Halloween? I shared some fun recipes for all that leftover candy. so good and gooey.
…and things I found elsewhere that inspired me:
• I loved this article from the Huffington Post. My birthday is this week and although I’m a little bit older than 40, ahem, this article nailed it for me – especially #8. So stinkin’ funny.
• Love this DIY project from Emily Henderson. I pretty much love everything she does. I bet she’s not 40 yet.
• And this post from The Everygirl: “Who Runs the World? Girls!” highlighting all the positive, strong women in the world today. But they forgot to include the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team and their impact on young girls all around the world. And if you didn’t catch it on the news, check out this young girl’s letter to President Obama about women in sports. I love it! And I love his response: “Play like a girl? It means you’re a badass.”
• This party. The adorable invitations, the plaid blanket table coverings, the felt animal masks, and the vintage plaid beverage containers. Any of these ideas would work for a variety of party themes. So sweet.
I hope you all had a wonderful October!