Happy Cyber Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend. And I hope you’re taking advantage of all the online deals today.
There’s always so much pressure this time of year with holiday shopping, hanging decorations and putting up the tree. We spent most of our weekend doing all of that. I feel a little better but still a little stressed about what still needs to be done. One thing I did was to style my tiered tray for the holidays. The rest of my house might still be needing some holiday touches but this is a start.
If you’ve been following along, I bought this 3 level tray at HomeGoods a few months ago and I love it. It was in the clearance section because it’s missing a center plate but I bought it anyway. I did a post about how to style it for a few different occasions – a fall centerpiece, a dessert display for a party, and as a plant and floral centerpiece.
Now it’s time for a pretty holiday display. And as usual, I’m using things I already have.
- pinecones – I had these from previous years. Some were plain, some had a bit of white on the edges and others were covered in silver glitter. I used all three styles. If you don’t have these, a little spray paint can decorate ones you find in your yard or you can buy all types of pinecones at any craft store.
- Mini glass ornaments – I used a variety of colors I had from past years, which I probably got at Target. You can find similar ones here. I love the unusual holiday color palette of solf blue, pink, teal and silver.
- Three large glass ornaments in a similar color palette.
- Fresh cut greens – I cut some from our yard and our woods. I cut three different types of trees to add some variety. You can use fake greens too.
- Any other additional small holiday decorations that would go. I found silver balls that looked like glass ornaments but they were much smaller. These were great for tiny space fillers.
1. I needed a plate for the middle tier so I used one of my China plates. Then I added the cut greens to each tier. I tried to mix up the different types of greens. And I kept some extra to add in at the end.
2. Next I added the three large glass ornaments – one on each tier. I balanced them by alternating the sides I placed them on.
3. Then I added the pinecones – I used a total of 18 pinecones. I filled most of the remaining space with these.
4. Next I added the mini glass ornaments. I tried to place them in any open areas around or on top of the pinecones and, again I balanced them out by spreading out the different colors. I also added a few more of the smaller glitter pinecones.
5. After all my elements were in place, I went back and tucked in small sprigs of greens in between all the decorations. I had to cut most of the greens down even more so they could fit in these small areas.
6. I added in the tiny silver balls for the finishing touches.
That’s it – my pretty holiday decorated tiered tray!
Even if you don’t have a tiered tray exactly like this, any piece that you love such as a cake stand, a bowl, or tray can have many purposes and used more often. And you don’t need to spend a lot of money to create something meaningful and beautiful. It’s beginning to look a lot, or a little bit, like Christmas!
And don’t forget today is the last day to take advantage of the the 15% discount on all items in my Etsy shop – including my 2017 watercolor calendar. Click here to check out all the products and enter HOLIDAY15 for the discount.