This DIY Coconut Lime Body Scrub Recipe will leave your skin absolutely glowing from head to toe as if you spent a day (or few) at the beach. Even though the days of relaxing on the beach are past, this DIY Coconut Lime Body Scrub Recipe will exfoliate and hydrate your skin, leaving it with a beautiful sheen that will extend long after summer has passed.
Coconut Lime Body Scrub Recipe:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Fine Ground Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Epsom Salts
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- 10 drops of Lime Essential Oil (or any scent of your choice)
- Lime rinds
1. Put coconut oil in a medium mixing bowl. If your oil has solidified or is stiff, stir or mash it until the oil is soft enough for mixing.
2. Add Sea Salt and Epsom Salts. Stir until blended.
3. Add Vitamin E Oil and Lime Essential Oil and stir again until all ingredients are well blended. The lime and coconut scents together remind me of the beach.
4. I poured mine into a self locking mason jar. Now your Coconut Lime Body Scrub is ready to use. Use once or twice a week as an all over body scrub to exfoliate and moisturize – and glow!
Why These Ingredients?
Coconut Oil: Moisturizes and protects skin.
Sea Salt: Exfoliates and draws toxins out of the skin.
Epsom Salts: Exfoliates and adds important minerals that occur naturally in seawater.
Vitamin E Oil: Moisturizes and heals dry skin, and it helps to reduce the appearance of scars.
Essential Oils: For scent and aromatherapy. Lime has astringent properties and is known to restore energy and lift your mood.
I know you’ll love this scrub! It really is easy to make and will hydrate your skin and leave it with a beautiful sheen! Enjoy!