Really, 47? Ugh.
1. Today is my birthday.
2. I am 47 years old.
3. My favorite number has always been 4, maybe because my birthday is November 4th?
4. My birthday sometimes falls on election day. When I was little I used to think that was kinda cool. I still do…
5. I’m not a big birthday celebration person.
6. I don’t love cake. Except my Mom’s angel food cake. When I was little, we used to pull it apart by hand and just eat it as is. It is so good.
7. I love the phrase, live and learn.
8. I wish I read more.
9. Currently I’m watching Shameless, Ray Donovan and Mad Men. This is probably why I don’t read more.
10. My favorite TV show of all time is M*A*S*H.
11. We just started looking at colleges for our oldest. Which is really weird because in my head, I’m still in college.
12. I went to UConn and met my husband there.
13. We were just friends and didn’t start dating until 6 years after graduation.
14. We were engaged within 10 months.
15. I’m a middle child.
16. So is my husband.
17. We have a lot of empathy for our middle child.
18. My nickname when I was little was Peanuts. My uncle gave it to me because I was little. He still calls me that.
19. I have an older sister and younger brother.
20. I couldn’t ask for a better family!
21. Both my parents were teachers (they’re retired). I even had my mom as a substitute in 5th grade.
22. I grew up with 15 cousins on my Mom’s side. We saw each other almost every Sunday at our grandparent’s house. We all got along great – and still do!
23. We have 3 kids (this photo is old but it’s one of my favorites).
24. I had all via c-sections. Our first was an emergency and I wasn’t going to go through that again.
25. For our second child, I asked to be knocked out but, of course, they couldn’t do that. He was 9lbs, 2oz.
26. Each of our kids has a different eye color: oldest – green/blue, middle – dark brown, youngest – golden/hazel.
27. I always wished I had green eyes (I have brown).
28. I played soccer as long as I can remember.
29. When I was 16, I went to Australia with 15 other girls from all over the U.S. to play soccer. (that’s me in the center, pink shorts)
30. I had never met any of them prior to that trip.
31. I played rugby in college.
32. I make the best popcorn (just ask my daughter). I could eat it every night, kernels and all.
33. My family hates it when I eat the kernels because it’s really loud and they can’t hear the TV.
34. I hate fish.
35. But I LOVE shellfish.
36. Also? I love eating breakfast for dinner. Raspberry pancakes. yum.
37. We have a 4 year old yellow lab named Oscar (I love dogs).
38. Growing up we had a Bassett Hound, a St. Bernard and a Golden Retriever.
39. My vice is Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. Every morning, no fail.
40. I don’t like hot coffee.
41. My first job was delivering newspapers. I walked the route with a shoulder bag full of Lowell Sun newspapers and collected dues every Thursday.
42. I wish newspapers were delivered this way today.
43. My favorite sport to watch is baseball.
44. If I could sing, my go-to karaoke song would be Delta Dawn.
45. Sky blue was my favorite color when I was little. And it still is.
46. I’m afraid of heights and really fast things. I hate roller coasters. I tolerate boats, and there’s no way I would bungee jump. My kids think I’m kinda wimpy.
47. Running clears my mind. I dread the day I can’t do it anymore.
48 (one for good luck). I’m a little afraid of getting old but I’m lucky to have an amazing family and group of friends to help me enjoy the (slow) ride.
Birthdays are fun!! I hope I didn’t bore you and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Jeanne Manzi says
We loved reading your 47 (48) thoughts!!!! It brought back so many wonderful memories! We’re so glad you shared all those memories with us! And we’ve been wondering when you’re going to start aging! It’s been a wonderful ride for us, these past 47 years! Looking forward to continuing the ride and enjoying all that’s ahead !Love you! Dad & Mom
Thanks Mom & Dad!! You’re the best <3