Really, 47? Ugh.
1. Today is my birthday.
2. I am 47 years old.
3. My favorite number has always been 4, maybe because my birthday is November 4th?
4. My birthday sometimes falls on election day. When I was little I used to think that was kinda cool. I still do…
5. I’m not a big birthday celebration person.
6. I don’t love cake. Except my Mom’s angel food cake. When I was little, we used to pull it apart by hand and just eat it as is. It is so good.
7. I love the phrase, live and learn.
8. I wish I read more.
9. Currently I’m watching Shameless, Ray Donovan and Mad Men. This is probably why I don’t read more.
10. My favorite TV show of all time is M*A*S*H.
11. We just started looking at colleges for our oldest. Which is really weird because in my head, I’m still in college.
12. I went to UConn and met my husband there.
13. We were just friends and didn’t start dating until 6 years after graduation.
14. We were engaged within 10 months.
15. I’m a middle child.
16. So is my husband.
17. We have a lot of empathy for our middle child.
18. My nickname when I was little was Peanuts. My uncle gave it to me because I was little. He still calls me that.
19. I have an older sister and younger brother.
20. I couldn’t ask for a better family!
21. Both my parents were teachers (they’re retired). I even had my mom as a substitute in 5th grade.
22. I grew up with 15 cousins on my Mom’s side. We saw each other almost every Sunday at our grandparent’s house. We all got along great – and still do!
23. We have 3 kids (this photo is old but it’s one of my favorites).
24. I had all via c-sections. Our first was an emergency and I wasn’t going to go through that again.
25. For our second child, I asked to be knocked out but, of course, they couldn’t do that. He was 9lbs, 2oz.
26. Each of our kids has a different eye color: oldest – green/blue, middle – dark brown, youngest – golden/hazel.
27. I always wished I had green eyes (I have brown).
28. I played soccer as long as I can remember.
29. When I was 16, I went to Australia with 15 other girls from all over the U.S. to play soccer. (that’s me in the center, pink shorts)
30. I had never met any of them prior to that trip.
31. I played rugby in college.
32. I make the best popcorn (just ask my daughter). I could eat it every night, kernels and all.
33. My family hates it when I eat the kernels because it’s really loud and they can’t hear the TV.
34. I hate fish.
35. But I LOVE shellfish.
36. Also? I love eating breakfast for dinner. Raspberry pancakes. yum.
37. We have a 4 year old yellow lab named Oscar (I love dogs).
38. Growing up we had a Bassett Hound, a St. Bernard and a Golden Retriever.
39. My vice is Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. Every morning, no fail.
40. I don’t like hot coffee.
41. My first job was delivering newspapers. I walked the route with a shoulder bag full of Lowell Sun newspapers and collected dues every Thursday.
42. I wish newspapers were delivered this way today.
43. My favorite sport to watch is baseball.
44. If I could sing, my go-to karaoke song would be Delta Dawn.
45. Sky blue was my favorite color when I was little. And it still is.
46. I’m afraid of heights and really fast things. I hate roller coasters. I tolerate boats, and there’s no way I would bungee jump. My kids think I’m kinda wimpy.
47. Running clears my mind. I dread the day I can’t do it anymore.
48 (one for good luck). I’m a little afraid of getting old but I’m lucky to have an amazing family and group of friends to help me enjoy the (slow) ride.
Birthdays are fun!! I hope I didn’t bore you and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.