When I was little, CVS was my favorite store. Not the toy store. CVS. A drugstore. I still really enjoy my little trips to any local drugstore and rummage through all the fun products.
So I decided to collect my favorite products that I like to use for beauty emergencies. If you’re like me, I feel less and less presentable as the day goes on. Sometimes I need to tame fly away hair, clean up melted make-up (when I actually have time to apply it at all!) or just freshen up. I put this Emergency Beauty Kit together to solve those issues and keep me organized and looking good. I also found a super cute, color blocked canvas pouch to hold all these goodies. I made my own stamp to jazz it up a bit.
Here’s a description of the products I chose – feel free to add your own personal touches!
1. Travel Sized Hairspray – A good brushing and quick spray does wonders for your ’do. Or spray a dab on our fingertip and tame your brows.
2. Cotton Swabs – touch up runaway eye shadow or foundation – or you can even use it to unstick a zipper! Dip a cotton swab into a small amount of lip balm and swab it around a stuck zipper to help it slide loose.
3. Blotting Papers – great for degreasing an oily T-zone quickly but they also can be used to set lipstick and absorb oil from hair roots.
4. Hand Sanitizer Spray – keep things clean with a little hand sanitizer. I’m not a big fan of the alcohol-filled sanitizers that are everywhere. But this organic spray from Grove Collaborative is a great alternative and it’s made with coconut oil. It won’t dry your skin out and the blood orange scent is amazing.
5. Make-up Remover Wipes – a great source to get make-up off anything – including application smudges, your shirt and even your car’s steering wheel for those on-the-fly make-up applications.
6 & 7. Lip Balm – any kind really but I’m a big fan of these two. EOS and Nivea A Kiss of Shimmer.
8. Floss – I love these hand-held, mint flavored flossers from G.U.M. You can’t brush your teeth on-the-go so these work great in a pinch.
9. Petroleum Jelly – this wonder product helps a variety of ailments as well as having cosmetic purposes. It can be used to prevent chapped hands and lips, and soften nail cuticles. Apply it sparingly to the grooves in your face and it helps prevent make-up from settling into lines.
10. Acne Spot Treatment – use in a pinch if you feel a blemish coming on instead of covering it up with pore-clogging makeup.
11. Rollerball Perfume – a convenient way to freshen up as the day goes on. And there are tons of scents out there in a rollerball dispenser.
I got all of these products at my local drugstore except for the hand sanitizer spray which I ordered from Grove Collaborative. Click here to check them out for all sorts of beauty and household products.
I found this adorable pouch at The Container Store to hold all these fun products. Click here to order. I thought it needed a little extra something so I made a stamp out of an old eraser and added some designs to go with the emergency idea.
Here are the steps if you want to make your own stamps at home – in any shape:
First, you’ll need an eraser – I used a rectangle white one that was about 2″ x 1″. I’ve also used erasers on the end of pencils – those work great too for smaller stamps.
Then, draw your shape onto the eraser with a pencil. A cross shape is easy!! Using an X-acto knife (be careful!) cut down into the eraser, leaving your shape intact.
Now you have your own custom stamp!
Use with any stamp pad and add your designs to your pouch.
Fill it with our beauty products and you’re good to go.
Keep this Emergency Beauty Kit handy and you’ll be ready for anything – and looking good!
I hope you enjoyed this post – have a wonderful week!
[…] Blood Orange Hand Sanitizer Spray – I keep it in my Beauty Emergency Kit. […]