These DIY Bathroom Storage Jars are a great recycling project that will help with all that bathroom clutter and will look cute too. I created these storage jars from glass food jars that I was recycling. They’re the perfect size for holding small bathroom items such as cotton balls, Q-tips, hair accessories, and all those items that can clutter up your counters.
I redesigned my kids’ bathroom recently and realized they needed some more storage containers to keep the counters a little more clutter free. These jars have been very useful and I didn’t have to spend a lot to make them.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- recycled glass food jars (I found that salsa, tomato sauce and pickle jars are the perfect sizes)
- drawer pulls with screws (you can find these at any home supply store)
- metallic spray paint
- plastic bottle cap (caps from soda bottles and water bottles work well)
- drill and screwdriver
And here are the steps:
1. First, remove the labels from the glass jars and clean them throughly with warm soapy water and vinegar to remove any odor. If the labels don’t come off easily, use a small amount of Goo-Gone to help.
2. Spray paint the lids in your desired color. I chose a metallic silver. They usually require a few coats.
3. After the lids have dried, you’ll need to attach the knobs.
4. Drill a hole through the center of the metal lid.
5. Then drill a hole in the middle of the plastic cap. These caps help to hold the screw in place for the knob.
4. Now put everything together. Insert the screw through the plastic bottle cap and then through the bottom of the lid. Then with the screwdriver, screw in the knob on top of the lid. Ensure a tight fit.
5. Now the lids are done and you just need to fill your jars.
I like the different sizes paired together with the same knobs.
They add to the rustic look of my kids’ bathroom makeover. I hope you enjoyed this post and have fun creating your own storage jars!