Valentines Day always seems to sneak up on me so I’ve made some kids’ valentines that you can print out at home and your little ones can decorate themselves. One more thing to check off your list! They’re good to give on their own or attach them to a cute valentine’s treat. I did these cards last year and added another one to the mix. I didn’t want anyone to miss out!
The store bought cards are just fine – but I love the handmade option, too. And these cards are a great excuse to do something fun with the kiddos! They might just make your life a little bit easier. Plus they’re free!
For this one, we got some fun pencils and I made these “flags” to wrap around them – a simple alternative to the candy option. You can also use washi tape to add some personality to the pencils.
So now we’re hunkering down waiting for a big storm. I’ll be trapped in my home for at least a day, probably two. And even though I have lived in the Boston area all my life and I’m used to these crazy winters & the blizzards that come with them, I still don’t have any love for them. But I have to admit, I am a little excited about this storm because I have some much-needed jobs to be done around the house and this will give me the time and excuse to get them done. So, between decorating valentine’s with my daughter – and shoveling – I’ll also be doing the following:
• cleaning and organizing our pantry. I want a whole new pantry but that won’t happen in the next two days so for now, I’ll just do a little purging and organizing.
• reorganizing our spices. I just bought all new clear jars and a stacking shelf so now I can see what we have and get them more organized. Maybe that will make me cook better. maybe.
• cleaning the fridge. I hate doing it but I do love the results.
• hanging a mini gallery wall in my son’s bedroom. This is long overdue. We have all the pictures and now we’ll have the time to hang ’em!
• And I’m going to try to make these heart shaped crayons with my daughter. I saw this fun project here at The Inspired Home – she always has such clever, great stuff.
So, the fact that I’m a little excited about the cleaning and purging makes me a bit of a dork but I’m ok with that. I’ll be an organized dork. But come Wednesday night I’m sure I’ll have a bit of cabin fever. Or I may ditch all these plans and just plop myself on the couch with a glass of wine and catch up on my cheesy tv. That should help the cabin fever, as long as we don’t lose power. Oh, give me strength!